CFP - Practicing Map and Geospatial Information Librarianship through the Lens of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
I'm co-editing this special edition of the Journal of Map and Geography Libraries, "Practicing Map and Geospatial Information Librarianship through the Lens of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility". Please consider submitting! While the focus is on map collections, we're considering a broad range of contributions, including original research articles, collection descriptions, pedagogical approaches, and critical reflection papers aimed at analyzing and interrogating our professional practices. We especially encourage contributions from librarians and library workers from underrepresented and historically marginalized racial, social, and/or class groups and with perspectives from areas of librarianship beyond maps and geospatial information.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting a diverse and inclusive community of map and geospatial library professionals
- Practices, challenges, and successes in diversifying map and geospatial information collections
- Collections and projects that center perspectives of historically marginalized communities
- Inclusive and accessible practices in geospatial education
- Educational activities focused on topics related to equity, social justice, and civic empowerment
- Practices, challenges, and successes associated with library-community partnerships
- Connections to information, data, and spatial literacy concepts (e.g., cartography and power relations, traditional knowledge and representations of space, location privacy and surveillance)
Article abstracts are due December 13, 2021. Contributors will be notified of their proposal's status (accepted or rejected) by December 17, 2021. Abstracts should be between 300 to 400 words and can be submitted through this form: Submit your abstract<https://forms.gle/5f6
Let me know if you have any questions!
Theresa Quill (she/her/hers)
Map and Spatial Data Librarian
Indiana University Bloomington