Are you looking for new ways to learn, network and kickstart ideas with change-oriented librarians? So are we. I’d like to invite you to submit proposals and consider attending this new conference concept I’m organizing in Knoxville, TN for February 2015.
Join a group of next-generation practitioners looking to create a low-cost/high-impact gathering that encourages collaboration and sharing among the field’s brightest and most innovative librarians and archivists. Registration and more information is at: www.thelibrarycollective.org.
Our unique “Session Picker” is now open for session proposals and public voting/comment—it’s a short and easy. Submit your ideas and vote on sessions you’d like to see until August 31st!
2015 Theme: Libraries as Curators & Creators
The role of libraries, archives, and librarians is rapidly changing, especially as our spaces come to incorporate 3-D printers, in-house digital collections, and makerspaces. As we create and curate collections, experiences, and spaces for our users, what are some of the challenges and opportunities that we might encounter? What are the necessary skills for 21st century librarians who find themselves in the role of curator and/or creator? Join us as we explore this theme while learning, creating, and collaborating together!
Our 2015 theme invites discussion on a wide range of topics, which may include but is certainly not limited to the following:
Suggested Curator Topics
- Institutional Repositories & Data Curation
- Innovative Archival & Digital Projects
- Negotiating with Vendors and Lawyers on Behalf of Libraries
- Best Practices in Selecting Vendors/Products
- Suggested Creator Topics
Digital Humanities Collaborations with Faculty
- Libraries as Publishers
- Alt-Metrics & Scholarly Communication: Best Practices
- Assessing & Improving User Experience
- Creating Better Products: Communicating with Vendors
- June 7-August 31, 2014: The Session Picker is open!
- Individuals with the top-ranking proposals will receive an email invitation to confirm their interest and submit a detailed proposal by September 20.
- Detailed proposals will be due back to reviewers by October 10.
- We will confirm and announce sessions by October 25.