Tuesday, March 03, 2015
CFP: Spring 2015 IOLUG Program- Sharing Resources and Showing Results (Indianapolis, IN - May 8, 2015)
The Indiana Online Users Group (IOLUG) Program Committee invites you to submit a proposal to present at the Spring 2015 IOLUG program, "Sharing Resources and Showing Results" on at Indiana Wesleyan in Indianapolis, IN.
Submit your proposal using the online form by HERE for the online form.. Go
Resource Sharing is nothing new to libraries and librarians – after all, libraries are the original collectors and lenders of information. But today, sharing is more than just lending out books, or even other items (like bike locks). Libraries are taking sharing to the next level, and we are making sure others know about it. The IOLUG Spring Conference Committee invites proposals that explore the many aspects of sharing in libraries. Topic ideas include, but are not limited to:
• Consortial Purchasing
• Open Source software – software with publicly-available source-code for study, change, and distribution
• Open Access – online, free scholarly literature that is exempt from most copyright restrictions
• Inter-Library Loan
• Collection Development implications of resource sharing
• Data Sharing – the practice of sharing and archiving scholarly or scientific data used in research
• Sharing Spaces
• Open Licensing – generally, licensing a work which allows for the access, alteration, and re-distribution of it with few if any restrictions
Get some inspiration from previous years’ sessions on the IOLUG Website – www.iolug.org.