- CFP URL: https://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/call-for-submissions/
- CFP Multimedia Submissions: https://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/multimedia-submission-guidelines-and-best-practices/
For this themed issue, JITP seeks scholarly work exploring how archival technologies and methodologies influence teaching, learning, and research. How do scholars locate authoritative information and guarantee continued access in the current media landscape? How do we teach undergraduate students best methods for performing archival research and evaluating sources presented digitally? Other topics can include, but are not exclusive to:
- the use of digital technologies and techniques to facilitate archival research and construction
- pedagogies of archival research in the undergraduate classroom
- collaborations among faculty, archivists, and students
- explorations of access, equity, sustainability, integration, and preservation
- relationships among archives, institutions, and publics
- the ethics of archival research methods
- the place of archives (public, academic, digital)
- material intersections of administration, preservation, and dissemination
All work appearing in JITP is reviewed by the issue editors and independently by two scholars in the field who provide formative feedback to the author(s) during the review process. We practice signed, as opposed to blind, peer review. We intend that the journal itself—both in our process and in our digital product—serve as an opportunity to reveal, reflect on, and revise academic publication and classroom practices.
As a courtesy to our reviewers, we will not consider simultaneous submissions, but we will do our best to reply to you within three months of the submission deadline. The expected length for finished manuscripts is under 5,000 words. All work should be original and previously unpublished. Essays or presentations posted on a personal blog may be accepted, provided they are substantially revised; please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission deadline for full manuscripts is June 15, 2018.