The Conference for Entrepreneurial Librarians
Call for Proposals
The sixth Conference for Entrepreneurial Librarians <http://entrelib.org/> (entrelib.org) will explore how librarians have been entrepreneurial in their own professional development and how this drives the way we serve our communities. In the last several years we’ve seen a variety of new positions emerge to meet new opportunities in academic, public and special libraries. This year’s theme “Grow, Evolve, Serve” will explore where the profession has been recently and where it needs to go in order to meet these challenges. The conference goal is twofold: to inspire entrepreneurial action among librarians and to create a community among those who do.
The conference will be held at the Wake Downtown campus <https://wakedowntown.wfu.edu/
We seek librarians and information professionals to present about projects
related to the conference theme. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Evolving roles of librarians and related professions such as social work, data librarians, digital humanities, and community historians archivists.
- Growth of outreach and marketing, collaboration, and new types of partnerships that get us out of our silos.
- Expansion of services such as data visualization, data management, and institutional repositories.
- Education for future professionals to respond to these changing needs
- Privacy and the library.
- Analytics, assessment and evaluation and using these techniques for decision making and planning.
Break-out sessions (45 minutes including Q&A) may be panels or singlepresenters. Proposals should include an abstract of no more than 250 words.
Please submit your proposal at http://bit.ly/entrelib18
Presenters are encouraged to develop and submit papers based on their presentations for publication in the open-access proceedings. <https://libjournal.uncg.edu/
Presenters will be expected to register for the conference.
Proposals will be accepted until **, 2018.
Presenters will be notified by .
For more information about keynote speakers and scheduling see the conference
website <http://entrelib.org/> (entrelib.org) or contact:
Mary Scanlon firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Crowe email@example.com