November 4 - 8, 2019
"The time has come... to talk of many things!"
Do you have ideas, challenges, solutions, or information to share? We’re seeking proposals on topics related to collection development and acquisitions, including, but not limited to, the following threads:
- Library Services
- Scholarly Communication
- Up & Coming - For those new to the profession.
2019 Conference Info:
- Theme: "The time has come... to talk of many things!"
- Preconferences/Seminars: Monday, November 4 and Tuesday, November 5
- Vendor Showcase: Tuesday, November 5, 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Main Conference: Wednesday, November 6 – Friday, November 8
- Vendor Showcase Exhibit registration will open on Monday, June 3.
- Conference registration and hotel guest room blocks will open on Monday, June 10.
The Charleston Conference is an informal annual gathering of librarians, publishers, electronic resource managers, consultants, and vendors of library materials in Charleston, SC, in November, to discuss issues of importance to them all. It is designed to be a collegial gathering of individuals from different areas who discuss the same issues in a friendly and highly informal environment. Presidents of companies discuss and debate with library directors, acquisitions librarians, reference librarians, serials librarians, collection development librarians, and many, many others. Begun in 1980, the Charleston Conference has grown from 20 participants in 1980 to almost 2,000 in 2016.