and the Educational Experience
The Open Education Southern Symposium at the University of Arkansas is accepting proposals for its day and a half conference on Monday, Oct. 1 and Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018. Proposals should fall into one of three categories:
- Presentations: 15-20 minutes (Please allow 10 to 15 minutes for Q&A after presentations.)
- Panel Discussions: 45 minutes (Please allow 10 to 15 minutes for Q&A after panel discussions.)
- Lightning Talks: 7 minutes (A short 5 to 10 minute Q&A will follow all lightning presentations.)
We welcome proposals from organizations, including colleges and universities of all sizes, community colleges, special libraries, and any others involved in open education and open pedagogy. We're particularly interested in proposals with topics centering around:
- Adoption and creation of resources
- Publishing platforms
- Best practices and the impact of Open Education
- Creative Commons, copyright, and other licensing
- Marketing and advocacy
- Pedagogy and student success, including K-12 highlights
- Instructional design strategies for OER
- Trends and innovation
- OER in community colleges
- Tenure, promotion, and OER
- OER community building
- Inclusion and diversity in Open Education
- The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time. The submission form can be found on our event website under the Call for Proposals page.
- Proposal social media summaries should not exceed 240 characters (spaces included).
- Proposal abstracts should not exceed 2000 characters or approximately 500 words.
- All submissions will be evaluated based on the relevance of the topic and potential to advance the thinking or practice of Open Education and Open Pedagogy. Proposal reviewers will use similar proposal criteria to those being used by the Open Education Conference and OER18.
- The planning committee will deliver decisions by June 29, 2018.
- Presenters will be asked to accept or decline to invitation to present by July 13, 2018.
- All presenters will be required to register for the symposium.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Pierce, Head of the
Physics Library at the University of Arkansas (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the Open
Education Southern Symposium Planning Committee.
Stephanie Pierce, MLIS
Head, Physics Library
University of Arkansas Libraries
365 N. McIlroy Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72701
PHYS 221B | 479.575.4483 | email@example.com