- New forms of outreach, collaboration and liaison
- New approaches to digital scholarship, digital curation and publishing
- The librarian-teacher: new modes of instructional design, pedagogy and assessment
- The librarian-scholar: engagement in practice-based research and publishing
- New challenges and solutions in technical services (e.g., collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, e-resources)
- Skills development: public speaking, writing, visual communication
Friday, April 20, 2018
CFP: New Librarian Summit 2018 - Exploring New and Innovative Approaches in LIS - San Jose, CA August 2018
New Librarian Summit 2018 – Call for Proposals
To support early career Librarians, the New Librarian Summit (NLS) Organizing Committee invites proposals for its second annual conference on the specific theme, "Exploring New and Innovative Approaches in LIS.” This event aims to provide practical strategies, hands-on methods, networking, and professional development opportunities to recently graduated and/or recently appointed librarians from all types of libraries. The event will be held on at San Jose State University in San Jose, California.
We strongly encourage proposal submissions from MLIS graduate students, librarians who have graduated within the past 10 years, as well as those who have accepted new roles/appointments or experienced career transitions in the past 10 years. Proposals are invited across six topic areas:
Types of Submissions:
Please ensure that proposal fits into the overall theme "Exploring New and Innovative Approaches in LIS" and at least one of the topic areas outlined. Proposals are accepted for research papers, workshop ideas, student papers, graduate research, case studies, position talks, works-in-progress, reports, and proposals for future research.
Instructions on Submitting Proposals:
Proposals should be submitted via the Google form: http://bit.ly/CSUNLSsubmit
Proposal submission deadline .
Notification of accepted proposals .
Proposal revisions due .
Final abstracts (minimum 500 words) due . (This date is scheduled after the conference to allow speakers, if they so choose, to update their abstracts with feedback received at the conference.)
Please direct questions regarding proposals to Ahmed Alwan at firstname.lastname@example.org.