To support early career Librarians, the New Librarian Summit (NLS) Organizing Committee invites proposals for its second annual conference on the specific theme, "Exploring New and Innovative Approaches in LIS.” This event aims to provide practical strategies, hands-on methods, networking, and professional development opportunities to recently graduated and/or recently appointed librarians from all types of libraries. The event will be held on August 2-3, 2018 at San Jose State University in San Jose, California.
We strongly encourage proposal submissions from MLIS graduate students, librarians who have graduated within the past 10 years, as well as those who have accepted new roles/appointments or experienced career transitions in the past 10 years. Proposals are invited across six topic areas:
- New forms of outreach, collaboration and liaison
- New approaches to digital scholarship, digital curation and publishing
- The librarian-teacher: new modes of instructional design, pedagogy and assessment
- The librarian-scholar: engagement in practice-based research and publishing
- New challenges and solutions in technical services (e.g., collection
- development, acquisitions, cataloging, e-resources)
- Skills development: public speaking, writing, visual communication
Types of Submissions:
Please ensure that proposal fits into the overall theme "Exploring New and Innovative Approaches in LIS" and at least one of the topic areas outlined. Proposals are accepted for research papers, workshop ideas, student papers, graduate research, case studies, position talks, works-in-progress, reports, and proposals for future research.
Instructions on Submitting Proposals:
Proposals should be submitted via the Google form: http://bit.ly/CSUNLSsubmit
Proposal submission deadline April 12, 2018.
Notification of accepted proposals May 4, 2018.
Proposal revisions due June 15, 2018.
Final abstracts due August 30, 2018.
Please direct questions regarding proposals to Ahmed Alwan at