The Journal of Web Librarianship is planning a special issue on Digital Humanities entitled, "Digital Scholarship and the Libraries' Role." We anticipate a broad spectrum of articles that address the diversity of roles that libraries have taken in working with the digital humanities and other digital scholarship. At a minimum, articles should address digital scholarship with a discussion about how the library was involved in the project or work, to what extent, and in what role.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Services and resources provided by the library to support digital scholarship
- The role of library professionals in the production of digital scholarship
- Capturing data to demonstrate the impact of digital scholarship
- The role of the library in helping students gain the skills necessary to complete digital scholarship projects
- The role of the library in identifying relevant digital humanities projects for use in academic courses
- Services designed to help faculty think about the pedagogical design of a digital humanities project
- Raising campus awareness of digital scholarship
- Digital humanities and tenure
- Budgeting for digital humanities projects
The deadline for manuscript submissions is . TheJournal of Web Librarianship receives all manuscript submissions electronically via its ScholarOne Manuscripts site located at:http://mc.manuscriptcentral.
Questions regarding your submission may be directed to the Guest Editor, Lauren Pressley, at: email@example.com