Key qualities sought for the position of editor or co-editors include an established record of scholarship in the field of librarianship; managerial skills to oversee the editorial cycle and meet deadlines; the ability to recruit quality manuscripts, and the ability to attract respected experts to the editorial board. Applicants should have previous publishing and editorial experience, strong organizational, networking and communication skills and the ability to lead an active editorial board.
- Manage the peer review of approximately 20–30 manuscripts per year
- Solicit high-quality manuscripts from potential authors and assist these authors in seeing their manuscripts to publication
- Decide which manuscripts to publish
- Select a sufficient pool of reviewers and editorial board members to evaluate manuscripts
- Identify and appoint qualified members to the editorial advisory board
- Provide a clear vision for the direction of the journal
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Calvin Manning, Managing Editor, at: firstname.lastname@example.org