Energize! Accelerate! Transform!
40th Annual LOEX Conference
May 3 - 5, 2012
Proposals due: Friday, November 18, 2011
Instruction librarians know that it’s essential to Energize! their teaching, Accelerate! change, and Transform! student learning. We invite you to contribute your recipes for instructional excellence at LOEX 2012, in Columbus, Ohio.
Successful proposals will model best practices, provide useful information that participants can use at their libraries, showcase effective and innovative practices, support collaboration, and be as applicable as possible to a wide range of academic institution types.
Successful proposals should attempt to reflect elements of one of seven tracks:
* Cocktails: Shake it up -- Engaging students with active learning
* Salads: A mixture of unique ingredients -- Reaching diverse populations
* Entrees: The foundation of every meal -- Developing your teachers and your program
* Combo Platter: One from column A, one from column B -- Collaborating across campus and with different institutions
* To Go: Take it with you -- Learning on the go, anytime, anywhere
* Chef’s Surprise: Something different and unexpected -- Pursuing cutting-edge trends in teaching and learning
* Dessert: Always leave room for this -- Measuring the effectiveness of programs and learning
Breakout Session Formats
Two types of proposals will be accepted:
In addition to breakout sessions:
1. Students currently enrolled in a Master's program in library and information sciences, along with librarians in resident or intern programs, will be invited to propose poster sessions. Details about poster sessions will be issued in a separate call for proposals.
2. (New this year!) Lightning Talks—short (eight minutes or less) presentations given during a single Saturday session by different presenters. There will only be handful (~ five) lightning talk presentations, as they are intended to be an energizing, but small, part of the conference. Proposals will be due in late January. More details about Lightning Talks will be issued in an early November call for proposals.
Proposals can be submitted only through the online submission form and must be received by Friday, November 18, 2011. The primary contact for the proposal will receive a message indicating receipt of the proposal when it is submitted and will be notified if the proposal has been accepted for presentation by Friday, January 13, 2012.
If your proposal is accepted, then up to three presenters will be automatically registered for the conference and required to pay registration in full by Monday, March 26, 2012.
If you have any questions about submitting a proposal, contact Catherine Cardwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the LOEX 2012 Conference at http://www.loexconference.org/
Learn more about LOEX at http://www.emich.edu/public/loex/index.html