Saturday, March 30, 2019
CFP: ACRL/NY 2019 Annual Symposium - Outside of the Box: Redefining Ethical Innovation in the Academic Library (NYC December 2019)
Call for Presentations
ACRL/NY 2019 Annual Symposium
Outside of the Box: Redefining Ethical Innovation in the Academic Library
For this year's ACRL/NY Symposium, we are seeking presentations and
panels about new and ethically informed practices in the academic library.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
● Diverse voices in our profession: enhancing diversity and advocating for underrepresented groups at all levels in the academic library, including staff, professionals, students and administration
● Ethically Innovative Leaders
hip: for example,challenging traditional hierarchies, incorporating different perspectives, navigating organizational structures, labor relations, facilitative management and support for professional growth and development
● Public Services and Instruction: new and creative types of reference and instruction initiatives (e.g. incorporatin
g critical pedagogy, environmentally responsible maker spaces, culturally responsive instruction)
● Acquisitions/Collection Development: outreach and curating of collections (e.g. community based collections, OER Open Education Resources, responsible purchasing, ownership models)
● Technical Services: transforming technical services; accommodating new forms of technology, data, and strategic planning (e.g. weeding ethically, critical cataloging, accessibility)
As academic libraries continue to evolve in the 21st century, ACRL continues to be dedicated in discovering new approaches that enhance and foster our scholarly community.
In what ways can libraries redefine instruction
, services and collection development in a manner that is thought-provoking, ethical and innovative? This ongoing shift calls for change agents to curate, acquire, and build upon competencies, while establishing fresh and transparent benchmarks.
Abstracts of presentations can be submitted using this form: https://acrlnyforms.
The ACRL/NY 2019 Symposium will be held on December 6, 2019 at the Vertical Campus at Baruch College, City University of New York.
Questions regarding submitting or about the Symposium in general can be sent to acrlnysymposiumchair@gmail.