This special issue of the Journal of Library Metadata welcomes articles from a wide variety of types and sizes of organizations on a wide range of topics related to controlled vocabularies, ontologies, and models for linked data and semantic web deployment, whether theoretical, experimental, or actual.
- Converting existing vocabularies into SKOS and/or other linked data formats.
- Publishing local vocabularies as linked data in online repositories such as the Open Metadata Registry.
- Development or use of special tools, platforms and interfaces that facilitate the creation and deployment of vocabularies as linked data.
- Working with Linked Data / Semantic Web W3C standards such as RDF, RDFS, SKOS, and OWL.
- Work with the BIBFRAME, Europeana, DPLA, CIDOC-CRM, or other linked data / semantic web models, frameworks, and ontologies.
- Challenges in transforming existing vocabularies and models into linked data and semantic web vocabularies and models.