CFP URL: http://www.taxonomybootcamp.com/2015/CallForSpeakers.aspx
Call for Speakers
- On the web team? Learn how taxonomies can help improve the user experience and dynamically publish web content.
- Work in retail? Find out more about managing product information and creating good e-commerce experiences.
- Fascinated by everything? Wade in and get immersed -- from enterprise taxonomies to ontologies, taxonomy tools, auto-classification, and everything in between.
Mike Crandall, University of Washington
Topics for Taxonomy Boot Camp include but are not limited to:
- Taxonomy/ontology modeling and development best practices
- Taxonomy governance & adoption
- Techniques for maintaining taxonomies (analytics, testing, etc.)
- Information architecture and user experience (navigation, content publishing, etc.)
- Metadata modeling and management (role of taxonomy)
- Auto-categorization and other tagging techniques
- Taxonomy management/development software selection and use
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, content and IT teams
- User research & usability
- Implementation of taxonomies and metadata in specific content management applications (including DAM, CMS, SharePoint, etc.)
- Getting buy-in and proving ROI of taxonomy
- Big data & big taxonomies – dealing with volume
- Linked data, ontologies, semantic technology
- Managing multi-lingual vocabularies
- Small organizations/non-profits
- Master data management/BI