- Case studies of information institutions (libraries, archives, etc.) that foster community research into family history or local heritage
- Case studies in the digitisation and preservation of cultural heritage
- Latest initiatives and technologies in newspaper e-preservation and access
- Reporting the news in the digital and social media age: trends and how these impact the information industry.
- Social media and crowdsourcing vis-à-vis historical newspaper collections
- Tracing family history or local heritage through newspaper archives
- Issues of E-Legal Deposit: online news and newspapers\
- Proposal abstracts should be submitted in English as an MS file.
- Proposal abstracts for the IFLA Newspapers/GENLOC Pre-Conference Satellite Meeting must be submitted by 31st January 2013, must be in English and should clearly include:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Abstract of proposed paper (no more than 300 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s) plus position and/or title
- Employer/affiliated institution
- Contact information including email address, telephone number
- Short biographical statement of presenter(s)
- Language of presentation
- Proposal abstracts should be submitted to (yes to all 4!):
- Mazelan Anuar: Mazelan_ANUAR@nlb.gov.sg;
- Jessie Yak: Jessie_YAK@nlb.gov.sg;
- Frederick Zarndt: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Melrose: elizabeth.melrose@btinternet.
- Selected presenters will be notified by 4th March 2013
- Complete accepted papers should be c.3000- 6000 words in length, be an original submission not published elsewhere
- Complete accepted papers and accompanying presentation slides must be submitted by the end of June 2013
- Final papers should be written in English
- 25 minutes will be allowed for the delivery of the paper
- The Sections will have the accepted papers translated into at least three languages and these papers will be made available on a Conference website
Gene Tan: Genetan@nlb.gov.sgFrederick Zarndt: frederick@
frederickzarndt.comElizabeth Melrose: elizabeth.melrose@btinternet. com
31 Jan 2013 Abstracts due4 Mar 2013 Acceptance notices sent to authors30 Jun 2013 Completed papers and presentation submitted.