Theme: Subject Access: Infinite Possibilites
For the Classification & Indexing Section's Open Session we invite presentations showing new, unique, or innovative ways of providing subject access to users from all types of libraries – approaches or applications that go beyond the traditional or the ordinary, being exemplars of “infinite possibilities”.
- Are you developing or applying subject access tools that exceed expectations, facilitating infinite possibilities for your users’ needs?
- Do you provide subject access to resources through library architecture or shelving design that is unique, innovative, or seen as “cutting edge”?
- Have you designed new or particularly creative tools for navigating subject repositories?
- Do you use subject metadata in novel or unexpected ways in recommendation or other subject access services?
- Is there a connection between your subject access policies and learning environments that are creative, or encouraging of “thinking outside the box”?
- Are you designing structured vocabularies for the linked data cloud that lead the way to infinite possibilities for subject access?
- Do you offer innovative genre access for fiction, children’s literature, audiovisual media, or emerging digital objects?
- Do you work in a library or other information institution with a unique social tagging success story?
- Has your library or information institution devised strategic approaches to managing the vast landscape of subject access systems and tools that threaten to overwhelm users with infinite possibilities?
We are particularly interested in presentations from Singaporean libraries or libraries of the Asian/Southeast Asian areas.
- Abstract of approximately 150 words, summarizing the paper
- Author’s name, professional affiliation, postal address, and email address.