IFLA Statistics and Evaluation Section and & Education and Training Section
79th IFLA World Library and Information Congress
Singapore, 17-23 August, 2013
- Teaching statistics differently: empowering LIS students to use statistical methods with confidence and competence
- Motivating library practitioners and teaching colleagues to collect and use empirical evidence, and to integrate a culture of assessment in their library
- Presenting and communicating library data in convincing and accessible ways, e.g. by combining statistics and “storytelling”
- Innovative ways to use quantitative data for advocacy and showing the impact of libraries.
- An abstract of no longer than 250 words, including illustrations if appropriate
- Name, institution and full address of the presenter (name, postal address, phone, fax, email) At least one presenter will have to be on site to deliver the presentation.
- A short biography of the presenter.
- February 6th, 2013: Submission deadline. Please indicate "IFLA Proposal Singapore 2013" on the subject line.
- March 8th, 2013: notification of successful applicants
- May 25th, 2013: submission of full written papers (between 3000 and 6000 words in length).
All full papers will be published on IFLA.org
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Berlin School of Library and Information Science