2012 VIVO Conference: Call for Papers and Apps
Call for PapersWe are pleased to invite you to participate in this year's VIVO conference with contributions to the meeting. We request papers, panels and poster presentations exploring the many aspects of the world research community's vision for VIVO.
Submissions: All submissions are handled electronically at EasyChair. For information on submission requirements, refer to the Official Call for Papers. Abstracts are due May 30.
Topics of interest:
- Facilitating researcher collaboration and networking
- Managing/discovering knowledge about researchers across institutional, disciplinary, and national boundaries
- Approaches to the adoption of VIVO and related systems that interoperate through shared ontologies and Linked Open Data
- The intersection of VIVO and international research standards
- Research representation ontology! development
- Open representations of research and implications for the research process, collaboration, and virtual research communities
- Perspectives on policy, research representation, and research impact, including questions of privacy, individual vs. institutional sourcing of data, and change over time
- Semantic Web development and extensions of the VIVO platform to reach the full Web community
- Open research data and related issues in discovery, reuse, and attribution
Call for AppsThe conference is sponsoring a competition for applications using VIVO data to support science. Entries are due July 31. Refer to the Call for Applications for submission information, including eligibility, evaluation criteria and prizes.
Registration and additional conference information to follow.