- Training designed for various digital repositories, such as Digital Commons, Islandora, CONTENTdm, DSpace, Omeka, Samvera etc.;
- Training on working with different types of digital repositories, such as open access, proprietary, data repositories and institutional repositories;
- Training developed in selecting, starting a digital repository or migrating to a different repository;
- Knowledge and skill sets needed to work with a variety of digital repositories;
- Training on value-added features, services and tools in working with digital repositories;
- Training on working with different types of materials (e.g., cultural heritage, data) in a digital repository;
- Training on system functionality, roles, policy and workflows in dealing with different digital repositories;
- Training on digital repository related services and collaborations on campus and beyond;
- Training cases and experiences on working with a wide variety of digital repositories;
- Training development for librarians and staff members to work with digital repositories;
- Digital repository related trainings developed by different libraries, organizations, communities or consortiums;
- Training on any other aspect of working with a digital repository, such as metadata, harvesting, aggregating, search, indexing, copyright, system management, customization etc.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
CFP: ALCTS RPLTS Interest Group at ALA Midwinter 2020 (Technical Services)
The IG will be discussing training and professional development related topics pertaining to Digital Repositories (see below). Presentations addressing trainings, either on their formats, content, or their development and implementation etc. in this area are all welcome.
Theme: Training Librarians and Staff Members to Work with Digital Repositories
Possible Topics include:
RPLTS Interest Group Co-Chairs:
Christine Davidian email@example.com
Sai Deng Sai.Deng@ucf.edu
RPLTS Interest Group Co-Vice-Chairs:
Sherab Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
Sofia Slutskaya sofia.slutskaya@library.