Chapter Proposal Submission Deadline: 15th January, 2019
Final Full Chapters Due: April 1, 2019
Target Book Release: April 2, 2020
Book Title: CIVIL SOCIETY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN HIGHER EDUCATION
Submissions should be submitted electronically to:
CFP URL: https://www.hetl.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Final-Version-Call-for-Proposal-Civil-Society-and-HE.pdf
Tentative Volume Titles (topic areas):
Note: The series editors expect to receive enough chapter proposals across the range of subtopics in Civil Society and Social Responsibility in Higher Education to publish more than one volume. At present, the editors are looking at least three potential volumes under the subheadings of:
1) Civil Society and Social Responsibility in Higher Education: International Perspectives on Curriculum and Teaching Development (e.g., integrating social responsibility into the curriculum: corporate social responsibility, global citizenship, social engagement, social justice, human rights education, peace education, civil and community service, public service, outreach, socially responsible teaching and learning strategies and activities, etc.
2) Civil Society and Social Responsibility in Higher Education: International Perspectives on University-Community Partnerships (e.g., integrating social responsibility into university-community partnerships: partnering and collaborating with local, regional, national, and international organizations to maximize its social impact, government partnerships, primary and secondary school partnerships, non-profit organization partnerships, etc.
3) Civil Society and Social Responsibility in Higher Education: International Perspectives on Leadership and Strategies (e.g., integrating social responsibility into leadership practices: inclusive leadership, reconciliation strategies for transforming educational institutions toward equity and inclusion, integrating social and restorative justice into institutional leadership, governance, management, and policy and strategy development.
An edited volume by
- Dr. Enakshi Sengupta, The American University of Kurdistan
- Dr. Patrick Blessinger, St. John’s University and Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association
- Dr. Craig Mahoney, The University of West Scotland