Details: Reviews Editor
The Reviews Editor is responsible for the journal’s Reviews section, which has focused on book reviews, but could be expanded to include other types of reviews as appropriate. In consultation with the Editor, the Reviews editor sets direction for the Reviews section, identifies materials for review, corresponds with publishers and reviewers, recruits reviewers, assigns reviews to reviewers, and edits reviews prior to publication. The Reviews Editor’s term will be determined by the successful candidate and the editor but will begin as soon as the successful candidate can start. Training will be provided by the outgoing Reviews Editor.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience editing and proofreading.
- Ability to encourage and coach colleagues.
- Knowledge of and interest in web-based librarianship topics.
- Collaborative and flexible working style; willing to receive and provide feedback.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV by June
15, 2018, to: Hannah Gascho Rempel, email@example.com. Specifically, please discuss the following in your cover letter:
- Your general background and interest in the position.
- Relevant experience and knowledge.
- Potential ideas for the review section’s future direction.
- You may also wish to include examples of reviews or editing work to demonstrate relevant abilities.
To view online content for the journal, visit http://www.tandfonline.com/WJWL
Hannah Gascho Rempel
Editor in Chief, Journal of Web Librarianship
Associate Professor & Science Librarian
Oregon State University Libraries
Corvallis, OR 97331