Marketing Libraries Journal
Volume 2, Issue 1 (Summer 2018)
Deadline for Submissions: April 1, 2018 (peer reviewed manuscripts)
Deadline for Submissions: May 1, 2018 (practical articles)
Submit manuscripts online at http://journal.marketinglibraries.org/submit.html
Marketing Libraries Journal (MLJ) is a new peer-reviewed, independently published, open access scholarly journal that focuses on innovative marketing activities that libraries are engaged in. Our aim is to publish research and practical examples of library marketing campaigns, library marketing research, public relations campaigns, SWOT analysis, segmentation research, assessment of marketing activities, and tools used for marketing. In addition to peer reviewed articles, the Journal also contains practical articles from different columns. Columnists will be accepting short articles on advocacy, branding, library marketing campaigns, "from the trenches", and technology tools. The Journal is published twice a year.
Guidelines for Submissions
The editorial board seeks submissions in the following two categories:
1. Articles (peer reviewed) (20-25 pages): research-driven articles that aim to provide original scholarship in the field of library marketing, communications, and outreach.
2. Practical Articles (8-10 pages) (editorial reviewed): articles that focus on best practices and advice. Although these articles are practical, they are written in a formal, academic tone.
Advocacy: articles that focus on developing relationships with stakeholders to help raise awareness and loyalty for library services and resources. This may relate to communicating with government, administration, and the greater community
Branding: articles that illustrate how libraries develop their visual identity for their services and resources.
• Manuscript style should follow the conventions of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
• Submissions should be 12 point font, Times New Roman, and double-spaced with 1 inch margins on all sides
• Page number and running head should be placed in the upper right-hand corner of each page
• The title page should be submitted as a separate document and include each author's name, affiliation, and e-mail address
• Submitted manuscripts should begin with a 100-word abstract, with a list of 5 keywords, numbered as page 1
• One submission per author per call
• Allow 3 months for manuscript status notification
Submit manuscripts online at http://journal.marketinglibrar
Please ensure that your manuscript has not been previously published and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Editorship and Ethics
We reserve the right to make editorial changes for style, clarity, and consistency. To ensure ethical practices, all reviewers, editors, and authors must contact the Journal if there may be any conflict of interest. For more information, please contact the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org