The LITA/ALCTS MARC Format Transition Interest Group is looking for speakers to participate in a managed discussion on Linked Data Tools and Local Practices at ALA Midwinter in Denver on , from . We are especially interested in local projects to convert a specific body of bibliographic data to linked data.
Speakers should plan to speak for about 10 minutes. Audience questions and discussion will be encouraged after the presentations. Some suggested areas to cover are:
- What tools is your institution using to convert existing metadata into linked data?
- What standards, e.g. BIBFRAME, MARC, serialization formats, RDF, etc.?
- What is it about the material that makes converting to linked data desirable?
- What relationship does your project have to larger, national and international linked data efforts?
- What relationship does your project have to existing catalogs and finding aids at your institution?
- Who are the stakeholders and collaborators in your project?
- What are the technical workflows associated with project outcomes?
Please email the Co-Chairs by if you are interested in speaking and let us know:
Talk title & short abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
The state of completion of your project by February 2018
Name, job title, and institution of all speakers
We look forward to hearing from you!
Jeremy Bartczak, Co-Chair
Debra Shapiro, Co-Chair
Sherab Chen, Co-Vice Chair
Rachel Paul, Co-Vice Chair