Monday, October 09, 2017
CFP: Copy Cataloging Interest Group ALA Midwinter - Denver CO Feb 2018
The ALCTS CaMMS Copy Cataloging Interest Group invites presentation proposals for its ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver on , from .
CCIG's charge is to discuss common problems concerning copy cataloging of all kinds of materials (monographs, serials, audiovisuals, etc.), quality control, work flows, staffing needs, training, and effects of changes in cataloging rules on copy cataloging.
Presentations (not including time for questions and answers) should last no longer than 20 minutes.
If you’re doing something innovative or different in how you copy catalog, we want to hear about it! This is a great platform for you to share your knowledge.
Possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation and maintenance of local controlled vocabularies, subject headings, or classification systems
* "Breaking the rules" to satisfy a user need
* Retooling existing workflows or practices based on public service work, assessment, or user feedback
* Meeting the needs of unique user groups
* Adopting new technologies or standards (e.g., BIBFRAME, RDA)
* Collaboration with library units that do not perform cataloging
* Impacts of cross training copy catalogers to work in non-cataloging functions, such as public service
* Copy cataloging in a consortium environment
* Issues surrounding vendor records
If you are interested in presenting, please email a proposal abstract to Emily O’Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org and Amanda Ros at email@example.com by .
Emily O’Neal & Amanda Ros