The Education and Behavioral Sciences Section Research Committee announces the 11th Annual Research Forum during the ALA Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois. The Research Forum and reception follows the announcement of the winners of the APA Librarian Conference Travel Awards, and will take place on the afternoon of Saturday June 24, 2017.
The Research Forum offers librarians an opportunity to present research that is currently underway in a 10 minute lightning talk format. Lightning talks will be selected via a competitive blind review process.
Proposals are due March 6, 2017.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the extent to which they:
- Measure or investigate issues of high interest to librarians, especially those in Education and Behavioral Sciences.
- Represent innovative, original research.
- Show evidence of carefully planned research design and thoughtful analysis.
- Clearly identify what stage of the project has been completed and estimate a timeline for the remainder of the project. Research that has been previously published or accepted for publication by December 1, 2016 will not be considered.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Proposals should be 250-350 words.
To facilitate blind peer review, the first page should include:
- Presenter name and institution
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Proposal title
Subsequent page(s) should include:
- Proposal title
- Statement of the research question(s)
- Research goals and objectives
- Design/ methodology
- Potential findings
- Practical implications/ value
Please email submissions to Cassandra Kvenild at email@example.com by Friday, Monday, March 6, 2017.
- See more at: http://connect.ala.org/node/263084