Routledge is pleased to announce that Katherine M. Wisser, of Simmons College, has taken the position of Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Archival Organization and is currently seeking manuscript submissions for the journal.
The Journal of Archival Organization is an international journal encompassing all aspects of the arrangement, description, and provision of access to all forms of archival materials. Articles on processing techniques and procedures, preparation of finding aids, and cataloging of archival and manuscript collections in accordance with MARC, AACR2, and other rules, standards, and cataloging conventions are only part of what you'll find in this refereed/peer-reviewed publication.
Possible topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Management and staffing issues relating to archival organizational functions; specifically, arrangement and description of historical records collections
- Innovative approaches to methods of intellectual and physical access
- Retrieval of historical records in information systems
- Reviews of projects and procedures, standards, and issues in organizing archival collections for storage and onsite use and availability through the Internet
- Innovations in Reading Rooms or reference practices that interact with the tools created through arrangement and description
How to submit:
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically to Katherine M. Wisser at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Journal of Archival Organization, including complete submission instructions, please visit the journal's webpage: www.tandfonline.com/WJAO
Editor-in-Chief: Katherine M. Wisser, Simmons College (email@example.com)