Monday, November 17, 2014
CFP: 2015 University of San Diego Digital Initiatives Symposium (April 29, 2015)
2015 University of San Diego Digital Initiatives Symposium Call for Proposals
Where: University of San Diego
Proposals are now being accepted for the second annual Digital Initiatives Symposium, a day-long event focused on all types and platforms of institutional repositories and digital initiatives.
This year’s symposium will focus on the intersections of libraries and the broader educational community: open educational resources, library partnerships with faculty for digital initiatives, digital humanities, and other topics, in a variety of institutional contexts.
We are accepting proposals for 45-minute concurrent sessions and 90-minute panel presentations. We welcome proposals from all types of organizations, including colleges and universities of all sizes, community colleges, public libraries, special libraries, museums, and other cultural memory institutions.
We are especially interested in proposals that consider:
· roles for deans and directors in digital and institutional repository initiatives
· roles for disciplinary faculty in digital and institutional repository initiatives
· diverse repository platforms and functions
· open access policies
· repositories and distance learning
· repositories and information literacy
· digital humanities
· open educational resources
· instruction and scholarly communication
· archives and special collections
Submission Guidelines and Selection Criteria
Panel discussions: 90 minutes
Concurrent sessions (case studies, white papers, demonstrations, or panels): 45 minutes
Please plan to leave 10-15 minutes for questions.
Submissions must include:
· Session title
· Presenters’ names, titles, and affiliations
· A brief abstract, no more than 300 words (If accepted, the abstract will be used as part of the program and published along with conference proceedings.)
· A longer description of the session, approximately 500 words
· A brief statement on learning outcomes for the session
· Specific technology or other presentation requirements
Submissions will be evaluated based on the relevance of the topic and potential to advance thinking about digital initiatives and institutional repositories. Acceptance is competitive. Registration fees will be waived for accepted presenters.
Submit proposals and questions to Kelly Riddle, Digital Initiatives Librarian at the University of San Diego, at email@example.com.
For more information on the day’s events, please visit http://digital.sandiego.edu/
: Proposal submission deadline
: Notification of acceptance
: Selected presenters must confirm presentations
: Registration deadline
Dr. Theresa S. Byrd
Dean of the University Library
Helen K. and James S. Copley Library
University of San Diego
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
Phone: (619) 260-7522
Fax: (619) 849-8301