We are exploring for interest in a possible anthology by Rowman & Littlefield Publishers about librarians working with local historical and genealogical societies. Possible topics include:
- Local societies: who are they, where are they, what do they do?
- Multicultural issues in genealogy and how to deal with them
- Primary sources for finding ancestors or the genealogy of ethnic groups: American Indian, African American, Jewish or others
- Partnering with local societies
- Preservation problems in ethnic genealogy and local history
- How to initiate cooperative projects diplomatically
- Case studies, what works and what doesn't
- Case studies for library and historical society collaboration
- Case studies for library and genealogical society collaboration
If you can contribute a 3,000-4,000 word chapter, (with 1 or 2 co-authors or solo) please send 1-3 topics/short paragraph(s)/bio for each author of what you could contribute to: email@example.com by with GEN as subject. Complimentary copy per accepted chapter.