CFP URL: http://conference.ifla.org/ifla79/calls-for-papers/future-libraries-going-green
Scope of the Session:
- Trends in green library buildings, operations, conservation practices, services, etc., to make them sustainable.
- Collection development, innovations in access to "green" information resources.
- Services, advocacy/outreach, programs, etc. focusing on sustainability and/or the environment, climate change / adaptation, clean energy or other green technologies, green living, etc.
- Education / training or awareness building of information professionals on topics related to sustainability, “green” best practices, climate change, etc.
- Networking and/or library associations' activities related to sustainability.
- Application of ITC as support to “green” library best practices.
- Diffusion-of-innovations activities related to the above
Language of the session:
- Title of the paper
- The detailed abstract of the paper (no more than 300 words), if possible accompanied by some references such as URLs and bibliography.
- Author's name, address, telephone and fax numbers, professional affiliation, email address and brief biographical statement of no more than 50 words.
- Author’s experience as a speaker.
Convenor of the Environmental Sustainability and Libraries SIG,
E-mail: email@example.com, with copy to
Important dates and information:
- 21 April 2013: Formal proposals (abstracts or papers) must be submitted
- 15 May 2013: Notification of successful applicants
- 7 June 2013: submission of full papers for inclusion on the IFLA conference and the SIG’s websites
Main criteria for the selection of papers
- Relevance to the SIG's mission, objectives and it's theme for this year.
- Compatibility with the Conference and Presidential themes.
- Interest /usefulness of topic.
- Specificity and concreteness, as opposed to generalities.
- Clearness of text.
- Other outstanding characteristics of the paper.
- Fairness/balance in countries represented at the session, other considerations being equal.
- Experience of the author as a speaker, all other considerations being equal.
- Cases of practical experiences, research results with practical applications will be preferred, other considerations being equal.
- For research papers, obvious soundness of methodology will be taken into account.