DEADLINE EXTENDED: Call for Papers & Posters for Conference on Information and Religion
Second Annual International Conference on Information & Religion
Theme: Preservation and Access: Facilitating Research in Information and Religion
Dates: May 18 & 19, 2012
Keynote: Carisse Mickey Berryhill, Ph.D., Special Collections Librarian, Abilene Christian University
Call for Papers and Posters: The deadline to submit paper and poster abstracts has been extended to Jan. 31, 2012. Download a flier with information about the Call for Papers and Posters.
The Center for the Study of Information and Religion (CSIR) will host its Second Annual International Conference on Information and Religion at Kent State University on May 18 and 19, 2012.
This call for papers and posters seeks original contributions in all areas related to information and religion. The conference theme invites participants to share their work in a variety of areas in which scholars are exploring the intersections of religion and information. Topics that might be addressed include but are not limited to the following:
- Preserving and making available religious texts and information objects associated with communities of faith;
- Social uses and appropriations made of these texts and objects;
- The information-seeking behavior of clergy;
- The role of the sermon as an influential communication medium in society; case studies in the sermon preparation task;
- Information in its application to local congregations as communities of practice;
- Faith and many types of intelligence (e.g., emotional intelligence);
- Dissemination of faith messages;
- Intersections of interests in the study of information and religion, where different disciplines might find it worthwhile to collaborate in research.
Instructions for submitting refereed paper or poster extended abstracts:
- The abstract should be no longer than 250 words and should include the following:
- Title of the paper or poster;
- Research question, methods, and results;
- Names, affiliations, and contact information for the authors (with one author to be designated as primary contact for the paper).
- Abstracts should be submitted in PDF or Word format to Dr. Rosemary Du Mont, CSIR Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan. 31, 2012: Deadline to submit abstracts.
- March 15, 2012: Notification of acceptance sent to participants.
- April 15, 2012: Deadline to submit final, completed papers in order for them to be considered for publication in ASIR: Advances in the Study of Information and Religion.
Papers must be in proper APA style. Additional details regarding
submission of full papers will be sent to those whose abstracts are
accepted for conference presentation.
For more information, please contact Dr. Don Wicks (email@example.com), Interim Director of SLIS and Director of CSIR, or Dr. Dan Roland (firstname.lastname@example.org), CSIR Primary Researcher, or Dr. Rosemary Du Mont (email@example.com), CSIR Associate.
Conference information will be posted at http://bit.ly/CSIRconf2012.
Media contact: Flo Cunningham,firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-672-0003