LITA seeks an innovative, experienced editor to lead its top-tier, open access journal with an eye to the future of library technology and scholarly publishing. The editor is appointed for a three-year term, which may be renewed for an additional three years. Duties include:
- Chairing the ITAL Editorial Board
- Managing the review and publication process:
- Soliciting submissions and serving as the primary point of contact for authors
- Assigning manuscripts for review, managing review process, accepting papers for publication
- Compiling accepted and invited articles into quarterly issues
- Liaising with service providers including the journal publishing platform and indexing services
- Marketing and promoting the journal
- Participating as a member of and reporting to the LITA Publications Committee
Please express your interest or nominate another person for the position using this online form:
Applications and nominations that are received by will receive first consideration. Applicants and nominees will be contacted by the search committee and an appointment will be made by the LITA Board of Directors upon the recommendation of the search committee and the LITA Publications Committee. Applicants must be a member of ALA and LITA at the time of appointment.
Information Technology and Libraries (ISSN 2163-5226) publishes material related to all aspects of information technology in all types of libraries. Topic areas include, but are not limited to, library automation, digital libraries, metadata, identity management, distributed systems and networks, computer security, intellectual property rights, technical standards, geographic information systems, desktop applications, information discovery tools, web-scale library services, cloud computing, digital preservation, data curation, virtualization, search-engine optimization, emerging technologies, social networking, open data, the semantic web, mobile services and applications, usability, universal access to technology, library consortia, vendor relations, and digital humanities.