Challenging the “Jacks of All Trades but Masters of None” Librarian Syndrome
Publication due 2018
- What is the purpose of a library in a community? And what roles in the community best align with that purpose?
- How ought we gather and implement expertise from outside the profession?
- How can we communicate and garner support from the government, the private sector and users in order to achieve our purpose?
- How can libraries balance demands to serve other needs that detract from the library’s ability to fulfil its purpose?
- How can libraries build community around this purpose, and how ought they reach out to their communities to engage and serve them?
- How can libraries demonstrate positive impact on young generations?
- What opportunities are opened to libraries and librarians by recent and potential future technological advancements?