- Submitter may or may not also be the presenter. Either is acceptable. You do not need to be an MLA member to submit.
- Contact information is required for each presenter.
- Presenters will be asked to submit 3 keywords to describe their presentation.
- Program sessions are typically forty-five to sixty minutes of content.
- Presenters are not reimbursed or compensated for presentation time, mileage or any other expense related to their participation in the conference.
- Presenters, including MLA members, must register and pay for the day(s) they attend Annual Conference if they plan to participate in any conference activities beyond their presentation or at the poster session reception.
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
CFP: Michigan Library Association Annual Conference (October 2017 - Lansing, Michigan)
Lansing Center, Lansing, Michigan
The MLA 2017 Annual Conference work group is seeking proposals for breakout programs and poster presentations.
Submissions welcome through .
The sharing of experiences among colleagues is an essential part of enriching and improving the library community statewide. By presenting a program or poster at MLA 2017 you will help open dialogues, facilitate networking and spark new ideas for success. We encourage participation from librarians, staff and administrators from all types of libraries.
Submit your program or poster proposal online:
We see the brilliance of Michigan library professionals every year at MLA Annual Conference.
That is why the MLA Annual Conference is the premier professional development and networking event for Michigan library professionals. What will make MLA2017 special is the energy and drive that you, the Michigan library professional, brings to the table. You spend all year spearheading new initiatives, discovering new ways to reach your community, and improving your professional skills.
Ultimately, we need you. We need your best practices. We need your engaging ideas. We need your input. In turn, this is an excellent opportunity for you to develop as a library professional, and to have a definitive positive impact on the library community.
Submit your ideas and help MLA Annual Conference by taking your library skills to the next level. Your program or poster idea may extend the learning opportunities for library professionals across Michigan.
Program and Poster Submission General Guidelines
Are you working on a new project, but don’t have results ready to present a formal program? Consider presenting a poster session, where you can discuss important topics with peers in an informal setting. A good poster session focuses on one main theme, presents useful information, and stimulates discussion. It’s a great way to jump into presenting without building a full-blown program.
Poster presenters will be required to showcase their poster over a two day period. Poster previews (unaccompanied by the presenters) will be on Wednesday, October, 18, 2017 from approximately 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. during the Opening Conference Reception. Poster Session Reception (where the presenters are required to accompany the poster) will be on Thursday, October 19, 2017 from approximately 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. during the Your Professional Connection Breakfast.