- Have you created video tutorials?
- Are you using film clips (or gifs) in instruction?
- Have you created a media center for your patrons?
- Do you work with students or faculty in video creation?
- Are you finding new ways to promote films to your community?
- Are you doing anything interesting in curating your film collection?
- Have you made library promotional videos?
- Are you involved with film or video preservation?
- Have you offered special film programming/events at your library?
Monday, August 22, 2016
Call for Proposals for ALA Annual in Chicago: Video & Libraries (Chicago - June 2017)
Thinking about attending the ALA Annual Conference, in Chicago? Have you worked on any projects or activities involving film or video at your institution?
The ALA Video Round Table Annual Program Committee (VRT) welcomes program proposals on just about anything related to video and libraries!
The term video includes moving picture media in all of its forms - DVDs, streaming, video tapes, video art, YouTube videos, animation, iPhone shot footage, etc.
Proposals are due SOON, !
Sample ideas (but we very much welcome others):
If you’re interested in submitting a proposal, please read the guidelines and complete the online form at: http://www.ala.org/vrt/
The Program Committee will review all proposals and notify participants of proposal acceptance by .
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of the Program Committee co-chairs, Steven Milewski firstname.lastname@example.org or Laine Thielstrom email@example.com