When: Preconference – Wednesday, April 27, 2016 – Afternoon
Conference – Thursday, April 28, 2016 – Full Day
Where: University of San Diego
Proposals are now being accepted for the third annual Digital Initiatives Symposium, an event focused on digital initiatives and all types and platforms of institutional repositories.
We are accepting proposals for 45-minute concurrent sessions, 90-minute panel presentations, and 3.5-hour workshops. We welcome proposals from organizations, including colleges and universities of all sizes, community colleges, public libraries, special libraries, museums, and other cultural memory institutions.
This year, we are especially interested in proposals that consider:
- Data management and sharing, open data
- Open educational resources
- Digital initiatives in instruction and undergraduate research
- Roles for deans and directors in digital and institutional repository initiatives
- Roles for disciplinary faculty in digital and institutional repository initiatives
- Diverse repository platforms and functions
- Digital humanities
- Copyright and licensing
- Collaboration: interdisciplinary initiatives and collaboration within and between campuses
- Scholarly communication
- Technical applications related to platforms or tools
This year, we are delighted to invite proposals for 3.5-hour workshops, which will take place during the afternoon of Wednesday, April 27. Workshops are designed to deeply explore a topic, are led by expert instructors, and feature interactive exercises and practical applications for attendees.
Full-Day Conference Sessions
Panel discussions: 90 minutes
Concurrent sessions (case studies, white papers, demonstrations, or panels): 45 minutes
Please plan to leave 10-15 minutes for questions.
All submissions will be evaluated based on the relevance of the topic and potential to advance thinking about digital initiatives, institutional repositories, and scholarly communication. Acceptance is competitive. Registration fees will be waived for accepted presenters.
Submit proposals and find more information on the symposium at http://digital.sandiego.edu/symposium/2016/. Please direct questions to Kelly Riddle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposal Submission Deadline: January 15, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: February 15, 2016
Selected presenters must confirm presentations: March 1, 2016
Conference Registration: Deadline: March 23, 2016