ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers to present at ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia on .
Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloging managers and administrators, and be approximately 15-20 minutes in length. Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion. Topic possibilities include:
* Evolution, definition, and functions of the catalog and cataloging norms* Emerging concepts and implementations of "next generation catalogs"
* Cataloging and metadata in hybrid and digital libraries
* Changes in catalogers' workflows
* Quality control and benchmarking
* How end users' expectations and behaviors affect cataloging norms
* Metadata records and elements in different contexts
* Impact of web norms on cataloging norms
* Cataloging education/continuing education
* RDA: integration of records, training
Please email proposal abstracts to co-chairs by . If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Cataloging Norms Co-Chairs,
Associate Professor/Catalog Librarian
Oklahoma State University