42nd Annual LOEX Conference
Grand Rapids, Michigan
We invite you to submit breakout session proposals to be considered for presentation at the LOEX 2014 Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Proposals should showcase effective and innovative library instruction & information literacy practices, provide useful information that participants can utilize at their libraries, support collaboration, and be as applicable as possible to a wide range of academic institution types.
Successful proposals should reflect elements of one of seven tracks:
* Priming the Canvas -- Leadership and Professional Development
* In the Studio -- Teaching and Learning Spaces
* Impressions/Expressions -- Evaluation and Assessment
* Brushes, Paints & Palettes -- Technologies and Innovation
* Inside the Frame -- Visual Literacy
* Mixed Media Magic -- Collaborative Relationships
* Theory & Technique -- Instructional Design and Performance
Breakout Session Formats
Two types of proposals will be accepted:
* Presentation: A 50-minute session that includes time for a 40-45 minute presentation and 5-10 minutes of question and answer. Most feature a successful program, practice or key issue related to instruction or information literacy. Presentations are intended for an audience typically of 30-70 people. Presenters should include in the proposal description the topic and an outline of the presentation.
* Interactive Workshop: A 50-minute session where the presenter facilitates a learning experience in which attendees develop or explore teaching and/or research techniques. Presenters are expected to facilitate a well-planned and interactive session. Workshops are intended for an audience typically of 30-50 people. Proposals should include a description of the topic and details on how the presenter will make this session a “hands-on” experience for attendees.
In addition to breakout sessions:
1. Students currently enrolled in a Master's program in library and information sciences, along with librarians in resident or intern programs, will be invited to propose poster sessions. Details about poster sessions will be issued in a separate call for proposals.
2. Lightning Talks—short (seven minutes or less) presentations given during a single session by different presenters. There will only be a handful (~ five) lightning talk presentations, as they are intended to be an energizing, but small, part of the conference. Proposals will be due in late January. More details about Lightning Talks will be issued in a November call for proposals.
Proposals can be submitted only through the online submission form and must be received by . The primary contact for the proposal will receive a message indicating receipt of the proposal when it is submitted and will be notified if the proposal has been accepted for presentation by .
If your proposal is accepted, then up to three presenters will be automatically registered for the conference and required to pay registration in full by .
More information, including the proposal submission form, can be found at:
If you have any questions about submitting a proposal, contact Christina Radisauskas at sessions2014@loexconference.
Learn more about the LOEX 2014 Conference at http://www.loexconference.org/
Learn more about LOEX at http://www.emich.edu/public/