On behalf the IUG 2014 Program Committee, I would like to invite you to submit a proposal for the annual Innovative Users Group conference to be held in Detroit, Michigan on
* To submit a proposal, go to Get Involved
* When prompted, login with your MyIUG Login.
* If you don't have a MyIUG Login, sign up for one here:
Submitting a Program Idea
* Choose "Submit a Program Idea"
* You can select a IUG member by typing the name in the Member box. After you select the name, the name and address should be filled in under the Coordinators and Presenters section. Double check to make sure all the information is filled in correctly.
* You can use the Add Another Presenter button to add presenters. Once you start typing the name, the form will start searching in the database. You just have to select the name and it will fill in the information we have on file for that person.
* Fill out information about your program in the Program Information section. If you don't see the fields, click on Program Information and follow the prompts.
* Enter the program title and description in the Title and Description section. If you don't see the fields, click on Titles and Descriptions to follow the prompts.
* Program materials can be uploaded at a later date in the Program Materials section.
* When you are finished, click on the Add Submission button.
* You will receive an email confirmation to confirm your submission.
Are you a little nervous to present alone? Propose a panel discussion so you and others you've worked with can each share your experiences. You can even ask for an Innovative staff to co-present with you. The Program Committee can also work with you to help identify potential co-presenters.
You might also want to consider a Lightning Round session. A 5-minute session is a great way to get your feet wet presenting something if you don't think you have enough material for an hour.
We are also accepting poster and forum submissions at this time. Forum and poster session coordinators also receive the $50 discount on registration.
There are a large number of regional user group meetings taking place this fall that offer an excellent variety of programs. If you are presenting at one of these regional conferences, please consider repeating your program at the annual meeting, so many more colleagues can learn from your experiences.
Remember the deadline for submitting program proposals is . Whether you have a nifty new idea you implemented in your library or you would like to focus on the fundamentals of the system, think about sharing your ideas with your peers. It's a great way to give back to the IUG community, plus presenters receive a $50 discount on the registration fee (excluding Lightning Round presenters). We are now accepting proposals until Wednesday, November 6, 2013. If you're not sure about a topic, email a member of the Program Committee and we'll help you. Instructions for submissions are below.
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments. We are looking forward to seeing all of your fantastic proposals!
Kristen Costello and your IUG 2014 Program Committee
Kristen Costello, IUG Vice-Chair and Program Committee Chair
Rice Majors, IUG Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nicole Belbin (email@example.com)
Astrid Emel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rice Majors (email@example.com)
Stephanie Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mark Strang (email@example.com)
Terry Toy (firstname.lastname@example.org)