Call for Proposals: “Reinventing Libraries”
THE DIGITAL SHIFT: REINVENTING LIBRARIES
A Virtual Event presented by Library Journal and School Library Journal
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
- Rethinking physical space
- Maker spaces
- Marketing & community engagement
- Optimizing discovery
- Ebooks/POD (print on demand)
How to submit a successful proposal
- Provide a clear description of what attendees will learn. Whether your proposed session seeks to explain an emerging trend or teach a critical skill, you must provide a direct, concise description of what attendees will learn. We cannot emphasize this enough—be very clear in your proposal about what you will be presenting.
- Focus on lessons learned, NOT the benefits of your product or service. Product pitches will be rejected. Lessons learned from building or running your product, however, can be invaluable.
- Skip the jargon. The more buzzwords and industry jargon you use, the less we think you have something interesting to say.
- 45 minute panel discussions – these can be an interview-style discussion between two speakers, or a panel discussion/debate with two or more presenters and a moderator
- 15-minute presentations – these can be solo presentations focused on practical solutions or visionary ideas