Call for Lightning Round Talks at 2012 LITA National Forum
Lightning Talks are short 5 minute presentations that will take place on Saturday, October 6, from 3:30 until 4:20 pm (concurrent session 6). We will have 6 or 7 Lightning Talks in the session and sign up is first-come, first-serve. Each should be concise and contain no more than 10 slides (if used at all).
Lightning talks are first-come, first-serve. We will assign the first 7 people who reply, and once these slots are full, the other names will go on a waiting list. We assume you’re registered for LITA Forum!
1. Send an email to email@example.com with your name, email, organization, and title for your lightning talk. Please put LITA Forum Lightning Talk in the subject of your message. Lightning Round talks will occur during the block for Concurrent Session 6, from 3:30-4:20pm on Saturday, October 6.
2. We will begin notifying the lightning-talkers and the first few runners-up as soon as we have six participants, so get your submission in quickly.
3. If your plans change, please let us know so we can reassign your slot!
JUST A FEW RULES:
1. Current presenters or poster-session givers are requested to give others a chance (unless they are burning with a completely different idea they are absolutely dying to share).
2. These are quick, fun, low-barrier talks. Extensive slides and handouts are not required or expected. Remember, when the bell rings and your five minutes are up you are outta there!
3. If you use slides, please bring them in a format compatible with MS PowerPoint on a thumb drive for loading onto the computer in the room during the break preceding the session (or load them to a slide sharing site and advise us of the URL). We will ensure that they are forwarded to the LITA office for inclusion on the Forum website.
4. Please no product pitches!