Thursday, August 23, 2012
CFP: ForwardFocus conference for community college librarians (E. Peoria, IL - November 2, 2012)
us conference for community college librarians (E. Peoria, IL - November 2, 2012)
Illinois Central College invites librarians to submit program proposals for the ForwardFocus Conference. The event is meant to inspire library innovations in community college libraries by showcasing current projects, pilot projects, or out-of-the box ideas that have yet to take off. The event will be held on Friday, November 2, 2012 at Illinois Central College in East Peoria, Illinois, as well as online via Blackboard Collaborate and will feature a keynote presentation by Dr. Anthony Molaro.
We’re looking for solo, group, and discussion moderators on hot topics. You don’t have to have a 45-minute PowerPoint presentation to play a vital role in the conference. It’s all about your great ideas regarding services and issues facing community college libraries. Submit your proposal now or by September 7 to be a leader in the conversation!
Would you rather participate in the conference? Registration is opening soon with early bird rates!
The ForwardFocus conference will include highly interactive online and in-person sessions. We are interested in a broad range of submissions that highlight current, evolving and future issues in community college libraries.
The following program tracks are suggested for presentations, but don’t let this list limit your creativity:
· Student success
· Instruction (in-person & alternate modes of delivery)
· Technology integration
· Patron satisfaction
· Interdepartmental relationships
· Mobile solutions
Submit your proposal for an online or in-person presentation by completing this web form by September 7.
Your proposal can address the topic in a variety of ways. Select the best option:
• a 45-minute solo presentation (with corresponding synchronous webcast)
• a 15-minute lightning presentation, combined with others interested in the same topic (with corresponding synchronous webcast)
• a 30-minute moderated discussion led by you on a topic of interest (online only or in-person only)
You will be notified by September 21, 2012 if your proposal has been accepted. Conference registration fees are waived for speakers.
Presenters are expected to:
· Conduct your online only session using Blackboard Collaborate (computer, Internet, & mic required)
· Submit any presentation slides to the conference coordinators 1 week prior to the event (October 26, 2012)
· Provide a digital photo of yourself for the conference website & Collaborate room
· Respond to questions from attendees
· Attend an online 30-60 minute training on Blackboard Collaborate prior to the conference
We appreciate your proposals! If you have any questions, please contact:
The ForwardFocus Team