- We want to talk about new ways of doing things, how technology might encourage serendipity in the library and help our users get to the information they need.
- We want to talk about new ways of weaving together and providing access to information, resources and services.
- We want to talk about ways for the library to use technology to discover things about its communities and how they use their collections and services.
- We want to talk about discovering new roles for the library technology folks to play in their libraries, on their campuses and in their communities.
- We want to talk about dark discoveries, the spotting of cracks in the foundations, the sighting of monsters beyond the edge of the map…
- Hackfest projects: Problems meet solutions during the full-day hackfest on October 18, 2012. Please submit a brief overview of the project you’d like hacked/like to hack.
- Ignite talks: Do you have something you want the rest of the community to discover? Prep a deck with 20 slides, and give yourself 5 minutes to tell your story, then wow us something new. Please submit a title for your talk, a brief overview of your talk, and let us know if you’ve ever done an ignite/pecha kucha talk before.
- Presentation “classic style”: These are your traditional “tell us about your awesome discovery” sessions, only now with a twist. We want the newest and freshest takes on getting things done. Please submit a title and an abstract (max 250 words) for your talk. All presentation submissions will be peer-reviewed by a panel of your colleagues. (The review will use a blind selection process.)
Access is Canada’s premier Library Technology conference that brings librarians, technicians, developers, programmers, and managers together to discuss cutting-edge library technologies. Access is a single stream conference featuring in-depth analyses, panel discussions, lightning talks, hackfest, and plenty of time for networking and social events. Join us in Montreal, QC October 18-21 for Access 2012!