SLA-SD Fall Seminar Call for Speakers
The San Diego Chapter of the Special Libraries Association is seeking speakers for our annual full-day professional development seminar to be held at Amylin Pharmaceuticals in San Diego on October 3, 2008.
The seminar theme is "Web Services: Embracing the Web as the Library's Core Service Space."
Please mark your calendar to attend the seminar and consider submitting a proposal to speak at the seminar.
Topics speakers may address include but aren't limited to:
* Web management: Content management systems, portals
* eCollections: eBooks, eJournals, collection development and assessment, vendor negotiation
* Website marketing: Embedding technologies
* Evaluating Web 2.0 tools: Choosing the best to implement among the ever-emerging range of prominent candidates
Especially, we're looking for speakers to cover:
* Practical applications (how-to) and not just theory
* Case studies demonstrating innovation and relevant to academic libraries, corporate libraries and other types of special libraries
* Impacts and metrics relating to using the Web as a library's core service space
Speakers discussing case studies will want to cover how initiatives came about, how they were implemented, what daily functioning looked like, benefits to all parties and lessons learned. Success is not required, as we often learn more from what went wrong.
Each speaker will have approximately 45 minutes, for her or his presentation and Q&A. Speakers may be invited to join a panel, in which case the time allotted may differ.
We encourage submissions from librarians and LIS graduate students working in all types of libraries. SLA membership is not required.
Would you like to serve as a speaker at the seminar?
If so, please send a proposal to email@example.com
2008 SLA-SD Seminar Co-Directors