Monday, June 03, 2019
CFP: The Serials Librarian
The Serials Librarian is currently seeking manuscripts on a rolling basis for the 2019 volume year.
The Serials Librarian is an international journal covering scholarly communications and all aspects of the serials and continuing resources management lifecycle. We publish case studies, reports, research papers, theoretical or speculative pieces, and a select number of columns.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
• Scholarly communication issues (institutional repositories, copyright, publishing, citation studies, etc.)
• New models for library-publisher commerce beyond “the big deal”
• Procedural innovations in processing, organizing, assessing, and/or promoting e-resources
• Metadata and discovery of serials and e-resources
• Migration and implementation of systems such as ERM’s, discovery products, data visualization tools, etc., including ideas related to staffing workflows
• Open access, whether “green,” “gold,” “diamond,” “platinum,” or hybrid
• Peer review and the future of the journal gatekeeping function
• End-user ease of access and usability
• Collaborative projects related to collection development
• Accessibility and diversity in resource management
• Theoretical or speculative pieces addressing issues within the scope of the journal (e.g., does RDA adequately adjudicate concerns about serials title changes?)
• The evolution of recurring issues in the field (e.g., the history of copyright and legislation devised to prevent “piracy”)
Please note that we are also interested in finding interesting content for our existing set of columns and that proposals for an entirely new column are welcome. All manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the journal’s ScholarOne website: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.
Questions or other requests can be sent to the journal’s editors, Sharon Dyas-Correia and Courtney McAllister, at serialslibrarianjournal@gmail.
com For more information about The Serials Librarian, including complete submission instructions, please visit the journal’s webpage: www.tandfonline.com/WSER
Sharon Dyas-Correia, Editor in Chief
Courtney McAllister, Associate Editor