Applications are due by
Editors of the Sudden Selectors Guide series report to the CMS Publications Committee. The primary responsibility of the Editors is to work with authors contributing to the Sudden Selectors Guide series, from the proposal to finished manuscript stages.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:.
- Work with authors at all stages of process to:
- Develop proposals that meet ALCTS and CMS guidelines for manuscripts
- Provide feedback on and manage timeline for manuscript writing
- Provide developmental editing
- Seek and manage inside (CMS Publications Committee) readers
- Seek and manage outside readers
- Coordinate activities with other editors and ALCTS Publications (Brooke Morris)
- Work with ALCTS Publications on final manuscript editing and galley proof process
- Recruit potential authors for subjects agreed upon by CMS Publications Committee
- Meet virtually with other Editors regularly (currently monthly)
- Attend virtual CMS Publications Midwinter meeting
- Coordinate with Co-Editors to ensure attendance, on a rotating basis, at the CMS Publications Committee at ALA Annual
- Provide update reports for Midwinter and Annual meetings
- Contribute productively to discussions of future directions and needs of the Sudden Selectors Guide series
Editors are ex-officio members of the CMS Publications Committee.
- Current ALCTS-CMS member. (Applications will be accepted from non-members, but appointment is contingent upon joining.)
- Experience editing manuscripts for publication
- In-depth selecting and collection management experience
- Proven project management skills and a strong commitment to producing timely, quality publications
- Track record of professional publication
- Ability to work in collaboration with co-editors, CMS Publications Committee members, and ALCTS Publications
- Active in professional organizations, either library or discipline-related
Valentine Muyumba and Jennifer Bazeley, Co-Chairs, ALCTS-CMS Publications Committee, Valentine.Muyumba@
Questions about the application process may be directed to Valentine Muyumba and Jennifer Bazeley (Valentine.Muyumba@indstate.