- Embracing and engaging diverse populations
- Social justice and sustainability in libraries
- Creative collections management to meet diverse information needs
- Breaking down silos through collaboration in our libraries, on our campuses, and in our communities (both local and global)
- Project based and transdisciplinary research instruction
- Open source, open data, open collections, and crowdsourcing
- Respect and civility in libraries
- Higher education librarianship for all: 2-year, technical, and community colleges; colleges, universities, and graduate schools
- Universal design in spaces, collections access, services, and instruction
- Strategic assessment in services, collections, and instruction
- Increasing access to unique special and archival collections
- User-focused systems and search
Tuesday, December 08, 2015
ACRL/NEC Annual Conference: 2nd Call for Proposals
The Association of College and Research Libraries, New England Chapter (ACRL/NEC - http://www.acrlnec.org/) invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2016 Annual Conference, Holistic Librarianship: Broad Thinking for Diverse and Creative Solutions, being held at a NEW VENUE, The Radisson Hotel, Manchester, New Hampshire.
The best of librarianship today calls for broad thinking and careful consideration of our complex social, economic, environmental, and political systems, both global and local. The 2016 ACRL/NEC conference will provide our professional community with opportunities to discuss how we can think holistically to implement engaging and impactful library services for all.
The conference planning committee is seeking proposals for presentations, panel discussions, workshops and posters on topics including but not limited to:
Staff, faculty, administrators, and students in all areas of librarianship are encouraged to submit proposals.
To submit a proposal, follow this link: http://goo.gl/forms/7XhhR3MUhf
The deadline for proposal submission is on .
Questions should be directed to Adam Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Coordinator, or Laura Robinson Hanlan (email@example.com), Conference Chair.
We look forward to receiving your proposals!
Laura Robinson Hanlan
Research & Instruction Librarian
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280