iCon is Oklahoma’s premier library information technology conference, bringing together librarians, technicians, developers, and programmers to discuss cutting-edge library technologies. This is the 4th iCon conference and we’re thrilled to bring the conference to Stillwater, Oklahoma!
Share your expertise and ideas on technology in libraries.
The Information Technology Round Table of the Oklahoma Library Association invites you to submit a presentation proposal for iCon 2015, an Information Conference, in Stillwater, OK.Submissions will be accepted through Friday, April 10, 2015.
FormatSession Length: 50 min.Requirements: Provide electronic handoutsiCon 2015 presentations are 50 minutes, with 40 minutes to present, and 10 minutes for Q&A. Presentations should document technology-related innovations in libraries. A computer, data projector, screen, and microphone will be provided. You will be responsible for bringing all other equipment required for your demonstration, except as agreed to in advance.Presentation dates and locationiCon 2015 will be held at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma.How to submit your proposalProposals must include the following:
- Contact information for all speakers. Please note that the person submitting a group proposal will be considered the Program Organizer and the main contact for the presentation.
- Presentation title
- Presentation Description The description should be approximately 500 words, outline the main points of the program, and highlight its relevance to attendees.
Deadline - The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 10, 2015.Selection criteriaProposals will be evaluated by the Information Technology Round Table for clarity, originality, and timeliness.Special attention will be given to proposals that incorporate one or more of these characteristics:
- Generates ideas or report research that contribute to ongoing discussion about the future of libraries
- Demonstrates innovative thinking and/or new perspectives
- Contributes ideas for librarians to be leaders
- Presents strategies for effectively implementing new ideas and technology
ITRT - Chair