Have writer's block? Hopefully this resource will help librarians identify publishing and presentation opportunities in library & information science, as well as other related fields. I will include calls for papers, presentations, participation, reviewers, and other relevant notices that I find on the web. If you find anything to be posted, please drop me a note. thanks -- Corey Seeman, University of Michigan(email@example.com)
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
CFP: Research and Statistics Committee - 20th Reference Research Forum - 2014 ALA Annual) - RUSA
PUT IN A SUBMISSION BEFORE FILLING UP ON TURKEY!
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The Research and Statistics Committee of the Reference Services Section of RUSA invites the submission of research projects for presentation at the 20th Reference Research Forum at the 2014 American Library Association Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
The Reference Research Forum continues to be one of the most popular and valuable programs during the ALA Annual Conference, where attendees can learn about notable research projects conducted in the broad area of reference services such as user behavior, electronic services, reference effectiveness and assessment, and organizational structure and personnel. All researchers, including reference practitioners from all types of libraries, library school faculty and students, and other interested individuals, are encouraged to submit a proposal.
The Committee employs a blind review process to select three projects for 20-minute presentations, followed by open discussion. Selected submissions must be presented in person at the Forum in Las Vegas, NV.
Criteria for selection:
• Quality and creativity of the research design and methodologies;
• Significance of the study for improving the quality of reference service;
• Potential for research to fill a gap in reference knowledge or to build on previous studies;
• Research projects may be in-progress or completed;
• Previously published research or research accepted for publication will not be accepted.
Proposals are due by Monday, December 30, 2013. Notification of acceptance will be made by Monday, February 10, 2014.
The submission must not exceed two pages. Please include:
1. A cover sheet including your name(s), title(s), institutional affiliation(s), mailing address(es), fax number(s) and email address(es).
2. The second page should NOT show your name, any personal information, or the name of your institution. Instead, it must include:
a. Title of the project;
b. Explicit statement of the research problem;
c. Description of the research design and methodologies used, and preliminary findings if any;
d. Brief discussion of the unique contribution, potential impact, and significance of the research.
Please send submissions by email to:
Chair, RUSA RSS Research and Statistics Committee
Florida International University
Green Library 236C 11200 SW 8th St. Miami, FL 33199 305.348.3137
Ava M. Iuliano, MLIS International Relations Librarian Florida International University GL 236C/GL 214C 11200 SW 8th St. Miami, FL 33199 305.348.3137 305.348.2416